Monday, 4 January 2016

JAUJA-VE YOU BEEN ALL MY LIFE?

I was introduced to this magnificence (is that a word? it is now) a little while back that I have just re-lived while trolling through all my photos. HELADOS JAUJA is the BEST ice-cream I have eaten in Melbourne... no Australia.

Every time I eat ice-cream here my comment is ALWAYS without fail like some food snob is - "not as good as the ones in Argentina." I don't think I have ever eaten as much ice-cream as I did when I lived in Buenos Aires. I remember walking down to Rita's ice-cream shop with my little 2 year old next door neighbour every afternoon after work in the summer for a scoop, how I wasn't the size of a blimp I don't know...

Don't get me wrong there are a few Gelato places that I frequent every now and then but nothing compares to ice-cream from the old country and these guys have nailed it.
A finance lawyer turned ice-cream apprentice in the Argentinean Patagonia has brought to Melbourne an amazing array of fresh and natural flavours that I am willing to drive to the other side of town for dessert. Speaking of I think we are due to head back there for round two ASAP and the best thing is they have take home packs which I will be stocking the freezer up on when these 40+ degree days ease up.

From me and my taste buds and baby I just want to say THANK YOU JAUJA!
Be sure to visit if you are ever in the Carlton area - 254 Lygon Street, Carlton VIC 3053
{Website here}
 
 
And you can't not take some Alfajores for the car ride home.... Delish!
{This is not a Sponsored Post}

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

We would love to hear from you...