Wednesday, 14 January 2015

A Summer Spring Clean

(Photo from Pinterest)
I have been spending all my free time cleaning out my house this past week. It's crazy how much crap you can accumulate in a short amount of time. (and it's only 2 of us) I thought we had a mass clean out when we moved into our new home coming up to a year ago next month but here we are again throwing out bags and bags of useless trash as well as bags for goodwill. 

I'm trying really hard to stick to my New Year resolution of de-cluttering, giving everything in our home a place to live and to finally making this house look like a home. 
I can't wait to fill these beautifully fresh painted walls with art and photos of all the wonderful memories we have made over the years.

In my cleaning frenzy I started googling some other things that have been on my "TO DO" list for a long long time but didn't really know how to go about it. On my list are things like -

: washing a quilt :
: getting those yellow stains out of pillows :
: how to get that damp smell out of your washing machine : 
: how to stop creeper plants from popping back up in the garden :
just to name a few.

I was hoping to trial the first two on my 2 days off this week but thanks to our wonderful Melbourne weather it has been pouring rain and humid as hell.

So for now the only one I have tested is the washer wash. I found this one on Pinterest and it has worked a treat. The only thing I changed was the vinegar for some Canesten Hygiene Rinse because we hate the smell of vinegar and don't even keep it in the house. Worked a treat! Thank you Life. Love.Larson for your post.

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

We would love to hear from you...