Sunday, 5 October 2014

Our friend Claudia's touching story


Today I would like to share one of my friend's touching story. From the first day I met Claudia I knew she was someone special. But you never really ever know someones full story. We don't get to see much of each other these days, {living on opposite sides of the bay doesn't help} but I'm so excited for her new business venture. I think it's absolutely brilliant what she is doing for these people. 
What an amazing woman!  

Being a first generation Aussie of a South American immigrant family I have seen first hand what it's like for families who have moved here with no English, no money and careers that have zero significance in Australia. Having to jump through hoops just to even get a foot in the door. So many of our family members (aunties, uncles, cousins etc) have all had to work in the cleaning industry just to put food on our tables. I must add that we too got very lucky that my dad's career was transferable here in Australia. But even so, my parents moved to a country without speaking the language couple of hundred dollars in their pocket, no house and a baby on the way... {that was me} I mean...?

Watching Claudia's video really put things in perspective for me tonight. I was remembering how terribly homesick I felt when I lived abroad. The loneliness, (even though I made heaps of great friends), the headaches I would get having to concentrate so hard to talk in another language, (even though I spoke it since I was a kid you don't ever really know all the words) trying to hold onto my job because I couldn't communicate properly (and I had a pretty dam good job there), wanting to cook something and not knowing what the ingredients are called and missing the people who know your stories.... All silly & petty little things looking back now but at the time all together would add up to one big depression pit. But, always in the back of my mind I knew I could always just go home. The Aussie dollar was always worth more that the Argentine Peso so getting home was never an issue. {I flew back and forth heaps of times} Imagine what it must be like feeling that way and not having the option to go back whenever you like? It would eat away at you for the rest of your life. 

For Claudia to be able to take all those dark moments, talk & share them so openly, letting the light in and turning it into a positive way to help others is the bravest and most beautiful thing.

Congratulations Claudia and we are wishing you and your gorgeous little family 
all the best and love on this exciting next chapter of your story.
xox

Please share Claudia's Story.

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

We would love to hear from you...