Thursday, 13 March 2014

why do wedding dresses cost so much?

I am having real anxiety about planing this wedding. I'm hoping if I hide under the covers for long enough somehow when I emerge it will all have been magically organised. I don't see the point of spending thousands of dollars on 1 day.. ONE DAY! I would much rather spend it on fixing up my kitchen that I will be using EVERYDAY.

Steve sent me an email today with the following video... We are both torn as to what we want to do. Our so called "simple" backyard idea when researched will actually cost us the same, if not more than a full blown fancy pants wedding.

Working in the fashion/product development industry for years now I know how much things cost to make and mass produce. I cringe at the prices of some of these hideous gowns. After reading this email and watching the video I'm glad it's not just me that thinks this is nuts...

Isn't it funny that the price of a wedding has gone up astronomically from say 10, 20 or 40 years ago and so has the divorce rate??? Could it just be that they are getting off to a bad start? Not a risk I'm willing to take.

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

We would love to hear from you...