Monday, 13 May 2013

you know that feeling when your insides feel like they are going to fly out of your beeee-hind?

no? just me? (insert embarrassed face here) 
I'm am actually talking about nerves not poop people.

Lot's of different things make me nervous and it affects me in such a way that sometime I'm not sure if I'm nervous or flat out having an anxiety attack. I must cover it up well as people don't usually comment on the fact that I turn green and feel like about to share my lunch. Or maybe they are just being nice.

The last week I have been suffering from nerves quite badly and it's not helping me win this battle with my cold. It was a double whammy actually, I am waiting to hear back from a contract job as well as going for an interview for a position that will take my career in a whole new direction. Getting nervous for interviews is not uncommon for me but I'm usually confident with what kind of questions they will be asking usually design wise. But this was different as it's not design related at all. I don't want to share too much but I am kind of hoping and crossing my fingers that I get this job as I feel I do need a little bit of a change career wise. I wish I could have their decision right now. I feel sick and the fact that I have completely blacked out the whole interview is not helping my cause.

I have a few friends that have taken careers in a completely new direction, some even going back to university. I don't think I will ever get out of design completely (I love it too much) but I am tired of the culture attached to the design industry. I'm interested to know have you changed careers? How did you go about it, and was it the best or worst decision of your life?

On a side note: my beloved Three Sparrows is still on the go in the background. Just a little slower paced than last year. After a very crazy year and some unexpected curve balls I have decided to pullback a little. Things started getting overwhelmingly busy and I have decided to take my time on the next 2 collections with some amazing new manufacturers. We can't wait to show you all what we have been working on.

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

We would love to hear from you...