Saturday, 16 March 2013

Melbourne Grand Prix

Sooo, Steve thinks I should blog about the Grand Prix that is happening in our backyard at this very moment. The thing is I can't think of anything to say about it, let alone be happy that it's going on. I know nothing about cars or what it is actually for or about.

These are a few things I can say about the Melbourne Grand Prix:

  • It's loud. 
  • They block off all of our streets.
  • Fighter jets nearly smash out all our windows while flying overhead.
  • I can't get on a Tram
  • Bernie Ecclestone kind of scares me.
  • It's loud. { like an annoying mosquito in your ear in the middle of the night }
  • I'm pretty much trapped at home unless I feel like sitting in traffic to go 5 min down the road.
  • Don't forget to put your local sticker on your car or you WILL be fined {even if there is no sign}
  • We are forced to get up at 7am on a Saturday and Sunday.
  • And oh yeah, it's LOUD!
But you know that's just me. From the abundance of grown men's kid like smiles and puffy Ferrari jackets walking around my neighbourhood it does seem to make a lot of people happy and excited. So I guess that's a good thing. I kind of would like to know how they don't all go deaf being so close to the action.

One thing I CAN comment on and I suppose the only thing I keep an eye out for is the Grid Girls outfits which I must admit are actually not so bad this year. Last year and the year before { 2011 - 2012 } outfits looked terrible. I was not a fan. This year they seem to have made a little more of an effort and thankfully didn't re-use those leather shorts. I like the fitted top and even the colours don't offend me { green is a hard colour to pull off }. Always a lover of vintage inspired the only thing I can probably pick at is that it seems to look good when they pose in a photo but as soon as they move around you can pick up a few flaws. They could have also gone without the hat, it's been done. 

This is just my personal opinion it must be tough to design for this type of event. You would never ever please everyone. If you go too conservative you offend those that think grid girls should be roadside sex kittens and if you go too racy you offend the feminists. So I suppose it's a loose loose gig.

Hmmm I guess I had more to talk about than I thought. Until next year Grand Prix, you will not be missed.
(Pic credit: Herald Sun)

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

We would love to hear from you...