Thursday, 17 January 2013

sunday feast...



I think I am going to make it a habit of taking time on Sunday afternoons and making something special for dinner. This Sunday while the men of the family disassembled and assembled beds to get through out narrow corridors {Thanks Mr Toth's} I decided to cook. I made a Jamie Oliver-ish Mediterranean  Lamb couscous with as many ingredients I could find in my pantry. Click >> here << to see his proper version.

Tip - The longer you cook this the better it tastes. I left it going for 1 1/2 hours.

Ingredients:

1/2 Onion 
Olive Oil
500g Lamb {diced into small cubes}
1 400g Tin of Tomatoes
1 Clove of Garlic
400ml of water
Salt / Pepper
Fresh Basil Shredded 
Couscous:
125g Couscous
Vegetable stock

The How to:

1. Gently Fry your onion, garlic in the olive oil until soft.
2. Add the diced lamb and brown a little.
3. Stir in the tomato, water basil and add salt pepper to taste.
4. Simmer on low heat covered for about 1 1/2 hours.
5. Boil the Vegetable stock.
6. Tip dry couscous into a bowl and pour boiling stock over the top until just covered.
7. Allow to sit and absorb the stock for 5 - 10min
8. When all liquid is absorbed fluff with a fork and serve.  


No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

We would love to hear from you...