Thursday, 1 November 2012

guest post || Mama of a cheeky Logan

So where do I start?
I'm April a 29 year old Childcare worker who had my first child a year and a half ago with my fiancé.
{Logan is his 3rd child}

Having had 9 years experience in the Childcare industry I was not exempt from those good old teary moments and probably just as lost as any new mum. Everyone kept telling me that I would be fiiine with my first child given my role......but! now it was me that had to decide on feeding time and sleep schedules.... nope not the same. Oh and being able to put my feet up at the end of a long days work of crying babies/children and forget it all ever happened.... yeah, that doesn't happen anymore. 

Logan is now a cheeky 11/2 year old who knows what he wants, and how to complain when he doesn't get it. He is the light in my life and knows just the right time to flash me that grin when pushing the limits. He is at the age of risk taking and rebelling now -
: running down hills
: what is the best angle to go down the slide? 
: not holding mummy's hand
: or mummy's help to eat dinner
That being said I have had to take a step back and let him make the big decisions and also to learn from his actions. Sometimes good and sometimes bad.

The best advice I can give any new mum is to take on board {from the abundance of info you get on motherhood} the bit's that work for you. You are doing the best job you can and there are many woman out there going through the same issues every day. Oh! and feel free to tell your family to back off! we are bound to make mistakes, we are only human. At the end of the day all we want is to do the best for our children just like our parents did/do for us.

Logan is very lucky and blessed to have so many people in his life that love him so much.
I am so excited that I get to share in Logan's adventure for the rest of my life. I am sure we have many up's and downs to come as mother and son but I wouldn't trade it for anything.
He is the driving force in my life.
(oh, along with my fiancé :p)
xox

**Contact us at info@threesparrows.com.au if you would like to share your mummy story with us**

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

We would love to hear from you...